March 16, 2020
Bolt's sanitation protocol enhancements since COVID-19 outbreak
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 in the US, Bolt has been taking extra measures to ensure all scooters are continuously cleaned and sanitized.
In cities that have allowed Bolt to continue operating, we have established the following protocols to reduce risk to riders, non-riders and employees.
- Implemented the NanoSeptic Technology
- Once applied, NanoSeptic creates continuously self-cleaning surfaces.
- NanoSeptic Skins and Mats turn dirty high trafﬁc, public touchpoints into continuously self-cleaning surfaces.
- Unlike traditional disinfectants and cleaners, the NanoSeptic surface uses no poisons, heavy metals or chemicals, and nothing is released from the surface since the nanocrystals are molecularly bonded to the material.
- NanoSeptic surface wraps will be deployed on all Bolt scooter handlebars and brake levers.
- Employed enhanced, and more frequent, cleaning of scooters using disinfecting products to remove coronavirus germs.
- Educated all Bolt personnel on appropriate personal hygiene practices as recommended by the CDC.
- Personnel will wash hands at least 20 seconds whenever possible.
- Personnel will wear masks while working.
- Bolt provides hand wipes and hand sanitizer to clean hands while working.
- Scooters being transported to warehouses for repair or during non-operational hours will be disinfected prior to entering the warehouse.
- Vans will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes in all contact areas before and after each trip.
- Bolt will actively encourage riders to use hand sanitizer or disinfectant wipes before and after a ride in addition to following CDC and WHO guidelines.
Any Bolt employee that either exhibits symptoms or is actually diagnosed with COVID-19 will be instructed to seek the appropriate medical care as well as self-quarantine for at least 14 days or until they have been tested and declared virus free. While maintaining employee’s privacy, we will notify any other employees who the infected employee may have come in contact with as well as providing the infected employee with any support the company can provide.